Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Heart Stirrings

There is something stirring in my heart that I must speak about. I am getting the feeling that I may have offended, especially my Buddhist blogger friends, and maybe others, I don’t know. If I have offended anyone with anything I have written here I extend my heartfelt apologies, as it is not my intention to say anything that would offend. I write what comes from the Heart, what stirs my Heart, what arises to be spoken. I am not a Buddhist, although I love Buddhist wisdom, so I don’t necessarily write from the Buddhist perspective. I write how “The Mystery” (Spirit, Consciousness) moves in my life and how it speaks to my heart, through whatever wisdom it comes in. I understand that people may not resonate with what I write, with the languaging and imagery that I use. My intention here in this blog has always been to write something that touches the heart, that inspires, that makes people smile with a lighthearted approach to “spirituality” that sometimes may seem irreverent. I write because I am moved to write, to express. This has helped me to see things with new eyes, and to listen more deeply to the voice of Stillness in my Heart, to awaken more deeply to the Heart that pulses through us all. My wish for anyone that may have been offended is Heart Smiles for your journey… With that said, I’m going to meander on…

~~

There are several things that have been stirring my heart this week. Things that are plucking these heart strings, creating a subtle vibration, opening me up. One of which I wrote about in the previous post with the reading of a poem. Yesterday at the grocery store while standing at the check out stand I saw the latest copy of Shambhala Sun and picked it up. On the cover was a picture of Pema Chodron, with the article title: The Natural Warmth of the Heart. Just the title plucked at my heart strings, feeling the vibration. Curious, I bought it.

I was amazed at the timing of this article for me. She spoke to so many things that I am experiencing at the moment: of remaining openhearted, of dropping the storylines that I tell myself and just trusting the capacity to stay present and receptive to others – and, I add, to life itself, as it is. She talked of becoming aware of when we feel threatened by others that causes a sense of separation – and, I add, the insecurities that I feel that creates this “fear” of offending, which is still a sense of separation. She then went on to say that when we allow ourselves to *feel* these feelings it connects us in the heart because we realize that we all feel the same feelings, whatever the feeling is. I could feel my heart warming as I read…

She ended the article by saying: “When things fall apart and we can’t get the pieces back together, when we lose something dear to us (like maybe my sanity :), when the whole thing is just not working and we don’t know what to do, this is the time when the natural warmth and tenderness, the warmth of empathy and kindness, are just waiting to be uncovered, just waiting to be embraced…. Our own “suffering” (vulnerability) opens us to a loving relationship with the world.” My heart strings were plucked once again by her message… Vulnerability opens me to something hidden deep inside – even if it strikes a chord that feels uncomfortable…

It seems I keep hearing the same message this week so far, whether through a poem or Pema… It’s all about remaining aware, and open to Life – to *feeling* Life play your Heart strings - and dancing to The Rhythm :)

Heart Smiles…

5 comments:

  1. And what might you have imagined would offend your "Buddhist friends"? Personally I can't think of anything. I do always feel that you write from the heart and that sometimes that includes "Buddhist leaning ideas". I can't even begin to imagine what you think was offensive.

    Now I must say that even though the spiritual persuasion that I feel most connected to is a Buddhist one, there is something in me that detests a label and so I am uncomfortable calling myself a Buddhist. Maybe I'm just a fence sitter, choosing to dip my toe in where braver souls take the plunge. I always think to myself "the Buddha wasn't a Buddhist"

    And I think there is truth in many spiritual traditions and with many teachers. And while throwing too many ingredients into a pot can create something that gives you heartburn, carefully chosen elements blended in a thoughtful way can produce something vibrant and tasty and nourishing.

    I love your explorer's spirit! Keep on, keeping on.

    I do like Pema Chodron, so wise, so practical, so encouraging. I will have to look at that article you mention.

    Many bows to you for sharing your journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ZenDotStudio :)

    Thank you for the beautiful, heartfelt comment. Twas probably my imagination running away with itself. One of those fearful self imaginings that literally creates "heartburn"... :)

    I don't see you as a "fence sitter" but deeply committed to a path of "spirituality" that brings you meaning, without being *identified* with the label. I love the wisdom that you bring from that to your blogs.

    Heart Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Heart burn" I love it! just the right mix of irony and truth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...it connects us in the heart because we realize that we all feel the same feelings, whatever the feeling is."

    Christine, your words do touch my heart and often!

    You know how energy ebbs and flows... I wonder if that's also the case with blogging? It's so impersonal "talking" via this box, that quiet spells can be misunderstood, just like being in relationship with "the strong, silent type" can drive you batty sometimes wondering- what's going on?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kris...

    Sweet response. It made me chuckle actually, and lightened my heart. Yes, the blogosphere is a little "different" - you just never know. Am being a little too sensitive probably, revealing my insecurities here. oops. Oh well, nothing like a little vulnerability/humility to keep it all real. As you can see "ego" is alive and well here :)

    Thanks for the reality check and "new eyes" :)
    Heart Smiles - C

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation