Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Serenity's Sanctuary - Winter

I am a winter being...
I love winter's hush of Quiet,
hibernating in Stillness...

I love the magic of new fallen snow.
I don't mind that we continue to get snow
in the "Southwest" into April ~
So I wanted to post these last expressions of winter
as a kind of farewell...

Actually - it's not always this way here.
This has been an unusual year.
Previous years have been drought-stricken
with virtually no Spring snow - or rain for that matter -
leaving a dry, brown, arid looking winter/spring transition.

So when snow comes to visit in April
I tend to delight in its magic...

I marvel at the way the snow embraces all life
with its beingness,
melting and infusing everything,
morphing itself into different forms on its way to
returning to its natural state of Being...

My heart smiles at the tiny snow crystals playfully dancing
and sparkling in the glint of morning sunlight.
I feel melancholy with the long-reaching branch shadows
that form against the crystalline white,
like the shadows that we are against the backdrop of Life.

I feel a parting of an old friend,
knowing the season has passed for another year,
and the wheel is turning into a new cycle
requiring new energy,
new perspective,
new transitions...

Winter is my favorite season...
It gives me permission to just Be...


Sweet Serenity...

~*~

Photos - Christine



3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Finally a woman after my own heart who loves the snow and winter! Being born in January I've always been attuned to this season. There is nothing better to me than the sound of muted quiet that snow brings...

    I love your images and the way they play into everything else around them...especially the tree shadow on the snow. That is outstanding!

    Blessings and Namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akasa!

    I like your words - "attuned to the season." That's what it feels like! There is something comforting to me about the snow... It quiets me. Glad you feel this too... Now I'm "gearing up" to "attune" to another season -and yard work activities :( I know, I know - embrace everything :) Every season has its delights.

    Heart Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so beautiful. The images and the words, both . . .

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation