Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wakefulness

This morning I awoke to a cool, clean Spring breeze wafting through the window (pictured above) and the sound of a bird chirping. It brought me to my senses :) - that is the sense of awareness, of Life being lived beyond my immediate concerns, beyond my anxieties and fears, beyond my mental projections, and to the sense of wakefulness to that Life being lived outside my window – like a whole other world that I had forgotten about in the life experiences of the last few weeks. And yet, I also know that it is not “outside” – it is here. It is Life Itself – living everything - everywhere - at all times - in all places. I know this, and yet something has apparently “gone back to sleep” – become “unaware” of the greater context of The Mystery being lived here, and was awakened again this morning in the breeze.

I have been reading Zen Heart by Ezra Bayda in bits and pieces since last Sunday. These are the bits and pieces that spoke to me: “When the veil of separation rises (we see that) Life simply unfolds as it will… We are no longer caught in the self-centered dream.” We must “turn away from our mechanicalness of waking sleep and be more awake to the texture of life… be open to the willingness to just experience life exactly as it is… Waking up is about awareness. Waking up is about saying yes to everything. Awareness is about *residing* in what is, exactly as it is. Awareness is what heals.” Awareness, he says, *is* “the practice.”

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell…
Don’t go back to sleep.

Rumi



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing . . . Now off to practice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marguerite! Thank you for stopping by and visiting! :) I'm enjoying reading your inspiring blog! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying "Zen Heart" too. Such wonderful practical suggestions for practice. When I'm done, I think I will start all over again!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation