Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"...the Buddha seed..."

As many of you who regularly read this blog know, I am not a “Buddhist”, although recently I find myself enamored with the Buddha, feeling a deep inner sense of the universal Buddha presence within. In the past I have given this presence names like Awareness, Presence, Spirit, Being, Stillness, etc. This Buddha Presence has a compassionate, loving, peaceful, comforting presence that I feel in my heart and gut; that calms and consoles; that has a sense of “assurance” to it. There is an innocent curiosity that arises with the felt sense of this presence within, wanting to follow. So I am exploring this new awareness of the Buddha internally – as in: This is interesting, let’s see where this goes. Do I need to leave breadcrumbs just in case?

Sometimes I feel gifted during times of meditation when I get words and insights that always seem to be just what I need to hear. With the recent drama in my life, silence and meditation have been difficult, but in the last couple of weeks they were beginning to become my internal comforts – although I admit, food and TV are still right up there at the top of the list, as well as various other distractions of the body/mind. :)

However, during meditation last week I was able to settle in to the Silence enough to get still and asked:

Buddha – what do you want here?

The response:

Utter and complete stillness, like a lotus on a pond.
Utter and complete waiting – in stillness.
Utter and complete presence – inward/inner presence.

And during this “utter and complete stillness” – which of course was not totally “utter and complete”, but the best that I could do - I reflected that the Buddha Nature is like a seed in the heart that needs attention, awareness, and presence, in order to open fully. Still, silent attentive awareness; a silent gaze of attention inwardly, continually, bringing the inner gaze there to the seed of the Buddha Nature: “the Buddha seed” were the words that came…

A visual of an open white Lotus flower also came.

So I asked: What does Buddha want me to know here?

Mindfulness – mindful awareness that *sees.*
Bring your awareness to the Buddha seed in the Heart.
Bring steadfast presence to the seed of the Buddha Nature within.
Hold the seed of light in your awareness – like the Lotus Light …
Constant, continual awareness of the seed within until it fully opens.
This is the Buddha Nature – the seed of the Lotus Light that shines.
Create an environment for this seed to thrive…

Be like the hidden jewel, the hidden light – waiting,
content to wait in stillness; enfolded, held and embraced. Waiting.
The Buddha seed will open when it is ready… Wait in stillness…

Be “stillness waiting.”

So be it…

~*~



2 comments:

  1. Be "stillness waiting."

    That says it all doesn't it?

    Beauty awaits those who read your heartsong!

    Thank You for your presence.

    Namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just "stillness waiting" in the Heart... Not waiting for anything in particular to *happen* - like waiting for a bus to come, but just the simple sense of being in the space of "waiting" is the sense that I got...

    Heart Smiles to you ~*~

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation