Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"All We Are, we are..."

I realized yesterday that the second layer of this “resistance” that I have been experiencing comes from a contracted sense of “self”, a sense of separateness – which comes from fear. It is the mind fixating on the little things, resisting them – forgetting its True Nature and the simplicity of just being – just living. I tell myself that I “shouldn’t” feel this resistance. I shouldn’t be resistant to life as it is – after all, Life moves the way it moves – right? I feel badly that I still resist, despite this awareness, knowing that there’s really nothing to resist! So I resist the resistance.

On the way to the grocery store yesterday I asked to be shown what I needed to see here. The grocery store offered up its wisdom. :)

Walking through the isles, I listened and watched for what might be revealed, but nothing was apparent. And then waiting in line at the check-out, I heard the words of a song being played on the PA system. The words I kept hearing were: “All we are, we are…” lyrically repeated over and over again. I couldn’t make out the other words in the other verses, only the chorus: “All we are, we are…” And for some reason the rhythm of the words drew me in: “All we are, we are” – of course! How could we be anything else? As I stood listening to the words, I was looking around, in a relaxed state of waiting, and my eyes suddenly landed on a word over in the far corner from where I was standing that was printed on the side of a display shelf. It said: “Inclusive.” I just stopped – eyes glued to the word.

And I realized - there it was:

All we are, we are…
Inclusive…


Nothing is excluded – no thought, no feeling, no emotion – even resistance. We can’t be anything other than what we are. We are who we are… All of it – not just the parts we like, but even our hidden parts, the “darker” parts; the depression, the anger, the anxiety, the restlessness, the doubts, the uncertainties, the insecurities, the resistances… All of it is the Self – being who we are– expressing ItSelf as us – authentically.

I could feel tears welling up with this recognition – with the acceptance that everything is included – life as it is – me exactly as I am. There is nothing “wrong” with any of it! It’s all embraced as an experience of Being. It is all expressions of the Self – the waves of the Ocean rising and falling back into ItSelf – over and over again. It’s inclusive of the hard times and easy times, not separating out the good and bad experiences or emotions, as I tend to do – still – *believing* the distinctions in my mind, “complexifying” (I love this word!) my life, creating stories. Being sees everything inclusively – expressing this “me” *as* ItSelf – all of me; not the perfection of me. Being embraces everything – enfolds everything to ItSelf - our pain, our stories, our drama – as it is – without hesitation – without resistance. Everything is allowed. I know this, and I forget this. Everything unfolds the way it does, including this “resistance.” And so I continue to whisper softly in its ear, as if to a frightened child: “No resistance – all is well…"



All we are, we are
Inclusive…


Humbly

~*~


11 comments:

  1. This sure solidifies some things I am experiencing right now....
    I really, really, thank you for posting this today!
    Namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come back and comment on the beautiful flowers in your picture! Sadly, I don't recognize them...can you share what they are? So vivid and graceful! :)

    Beautiful Post today Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Christine...what a beautiful post. It was once mentioned (to me) that 'Awakening has nothing to do with the temporary cessation of disturbing thoughts'...so I began the fruitless process to try and get rid of them permanently. A process probably not unlike (the attempt at plugging)the gulf oil. I guess just relax it all in since it's already in(clusive.
    Also...I love the reporting on the signs in life...in this case the grocery store. That part is magical to me and when we open our hearts to seeing what and who appears to us -- that is so FUN!! In fact, that is sometimes the funnest :) Surprise of surprises. God appearing as anyone aned anything. 'God having a bit of fun' as M. Eckhart said (or says :)
    XOXO
    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These words unbind me from the mind- thank you Christine!

    Just a few minutes ago I read a blog post that echoes much of what you are expressing here, I think you would enjoy it. The post is at svanteodmark.blogspot.com, posted 6/23/10, if you feel like seeing it.

    I am very grateful for your clear communication of this deep insight Christine. Have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Akasa! Thank you! Unfortunately I have no idea what the flowers are! I believe it may be a weed that grew near the house, or maybe a wildflower that some bird transplanted. They bloomed earlier this Spring, and were actually a beautiful shade of blue, but my camera showed this beautiful orchid color. They were here and gone in one day... Did you notice the faces in them!? I saw two :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Leslie ~ I tried to stop the mind from thinking too! Those thoughts just keep spewing out. But now we know that they're just thoughts and let them blow through - right? :) And yes, I agree, my experience is it is about relaxing.

    I'm always amazed at synchronous events in our lives - receiving what we need, when we need it, as you say: "when we open our hearts to seeing" - YES!

    Peace ~ Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Colleen ~

    I hopped over to Svante's blog post and had an OMG moment! It brought me to tears. That one will definitely go on the 'frigerator!

    And I thank you for all that you offer here and in your own clear writings.

    Humbly - Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. and resisting the resistance is part of your all too dear Christine...may you feel the blessing of pure being each and every day.
    gentle steps,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine...all I can say is: Yay!! :)

    Much love,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine...the 'YAY!!'(by Maria) is seconded. And Maria...the post on 'An Engaging Tale' is beautiful (couldn't post on Maria's site).
    'Put your hands above your head...you're surrounded' :)
    XOXO
    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria ~ So good to see you here! :) And thanks!

    Love,Christine

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation