Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tending The River Within...


Sometimes you read something and it just really resonates, either in whole or in part.  Recently I read the poem below from a link on – findingmybliss – and it touched me deeply.  It reminded me once again how necessary it is to tend the Quiet place within – the River of  Sacred Silence that flows within us all…   The poem speaks to what I aspire to, but certainly have not achieved…  Maybe that’s why it touched me.  I have highlighted the lines that spoke to me the most…


The Quiet Power

“I walked backwards, against time
and that’s where I caught the moon,
singing at me.

I steeped downwards, into my seat
and that’s where I caught freedom,
waiting for me, like a lilac.

I ended thought, and I ended story.
I stopped designing, and arguing, and
sculpting a happy life.


I didn’t die.  I didn’t turn to dust.
Instead I chopped vegetables,
and made a calm lake in me
where the water was clear and sourced and still.


And when the ones I loved came to it,
I had something to give them,
and it offered a soft road out of pain.

I became beloved.

And I came to know that this was it.
The quiet power.


I could give something mighty, lasting,
that stopped the wheel of chaos,
by tending to the river inside,
keeping the water rich and deep,

keeping a bench for you to visit.”


~ ~ ~ ~



Photo: Light in the kitchen sink
digitally enhanced



8 comments:

  1. "I became beloved"... YES! The quiet power of love within, of knowing one's own beloved self. Amen to that. :o) Thank you for sharing this, Christine. And your photo is wonderful! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it spoke to you Tracy :) Yes, knowing the Beloved Self - that is definitely where the "power" lies... Love your paintings today over on your post!

      Delete
  2. I. LOVE. THIS! What a beautiful, perfect poem to arrive on the shores of my life at this moment. Thank you, Christine, for posting it, and your photograph is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, am glad it spoke to you too! - as it did me. I kinda felt the same way you do when I first read it - it was what I needed to hear... Goosebumps :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Christine, sometimes I question what I am doing here on my blog ~ finding-my-bliss, then at moments like this I know why, that in some small way I connect with another, the other may then connect with others, this in-turn may have a ripple effect which will contribute to a world where caring and sharing the best of each individual will be the loving glue that unites! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Dear Sue - Your living *Presence* here is the loving glue that speaks to that loving Presence in all of us, in different ways of course :) - connecting from a deeper place of Beingness, from One Heart, from One Essence that resonates with River within all our Hearts... Heart Hugs :)

      Delete
  4. it is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing. short comment but the Bibs just came to me. He's unwell. More later perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suki! Hope Bibs will be okay! Love to you and Bibs!

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation