Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Friday, December 27, 2013

Journaling as Meditation...

I want to draw your attention to a guest post I wrote over on Aarathi Selvan’s Weblog.  Aarathi asked if I would write on “The Nature of Contemplative Journaling.”  Aarathi has been one of my dear blog friends for a while now.  She lives in India with two small children under two!  She is also a Psychotherapist, Writer, Mindufulness Guide, and student of Contemplative Art and Photography.  She has recently created a new website where she explores meditation, mindfulness, mental health and spirituality.  Thank you Aarathi for this opportunity to write!


For me “journaling” is not only about bringing mindfulness and awareness to my life, relationships, and spirituality, but is a meditative practice to turn that awareness to the deeper space of inner Silence…  Read more at the link below and then enjoy browsing through Aarathi’s lovely space…



I also want to mention an excellent book on journal writing that was helpful to me some 20 yrs ago.  It is called: Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Quest by Christina Baldwin.



10 comments:

  1. This was an interesting read, your writing process, how it has evolved into a daily practice leading to stillness, thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well expressed, thank you. What you do daily must surely increase awareness. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it does, awareness of the more subtle "things", and the Life around me...

      Delete
  3. Really enjoyed reading your post, Christine, and also the introduction to Aarathi's blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy :) And I love those painted glass prism ornaments that you have been making! I'll keep those in mind for next year!

      Delete
  4. what an honor Mystic, to be invited to write a blog post. beautifully written about your process too. do you still own those 40 years worth of journals? Thanks for the intro to Aarathi also. be well, suki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suki :) I still have most of the journals, although a few years back I started going through the old ones and culling them, as what was written wasn't really relevant to where I am on my journey anymore. And I didn't write nearly as much back then as I do now :)

      Delete
  5. Christine, Sukipoet's question about whether you still have all your journals made me think of Terry Tempest Williams' book, When Women Were Birds. Have you ever read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, no I have not read the book you mention, but I will look into it. Your comment made me remember a book that I failed to mention in my post! There is a really good book on journal writing called: Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Quest by Christina Baldwin. I may go back and add that :)

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation