Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Friday, May 13, 2016

The Sacred Self - Bhagavad Gita

Creatures rise, creatures vanish;
I alone am real, Arjuna,
looking out, amused, from deep
within the eyes of every creature.

I am the object of all knowledge,
father of the world, its mother.
Source of all things, of impure and
Pure, of holiness and horror.

I am the goal, the root, the witness,
home and refuge, dearest friend,
creation and annihilation,
everlasting seed and treasure.

I am immortality and
death, am being and non-being.

I am the Self, Arjuna, seated
in the heart of every creature.
I am the origin, the middle,
and the end of that all must come to.

All your thoughts, all your actions,
all your fears and disappointments,
offer them to me, clear-hearted;
know them all as passing visions.

I am always with all beings;
I abandon no one.  And
however great your inner darkness,
you are never separate from me.
Let your thoughts flow past you, calmly:
keep near me, at every moment.
Trust me with your life, because I
am you, more than you yourself are.

Bhagavad Gita

~*~

This is Krishna talking to Arjuna according
 to the Hindu tradition.  In Hinduism Krishna
represents the Origin of the Universe,
the Unmanifest, the Eternal Being that is present
throughout all creation, looking out from deep within
the eyes of every being...




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation