Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Unfolding - Fred LaMotte



I shed every petal, crushed every pollen drop to fragrance
without form, peeled away the seed husk, cracked the casing
of the emerald germ down to the black Upanishadic holllow...

Still, I could not feel You.

I relinquished every veil of innocence, became more naked
than the moon before the sun.  I melted every photon to its
wave of darkness, offered my flesh to the fire before wanting.

Still, I could not touch the Love of whom fools stammer...

So I hid my face in your hiddenness, tore off my wings and
spiraled down into the rhythm of your stillness.  I fell into the
ocean of Unknowing where breath goes before it returns.

Knelt and stayed, an exile on the shore of my own ancient heart,
where no white sail pulsated in a final exhalation, come to bear
me away.

Then, in a wickless flame of chaos without root or stem,
I unfolded, and became infinite.  Longing blossomed in the
crimson void.  I became You.


Fred LaMotte

1 comment:

All comments are subject to moderation