Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sanctuary...

How quickly I turn away from
the sanctity of Silence,
the
Stillness
within…

allowing the mind to take me
to the next “thing”,
and the next “thing,
and the next “thing,”

distracting myself
from the awareness of

the
quiescence
of
an
internal
abiding
Sanctuary



How easy to follow the mind
to other places and other spaces:
an anxiety,
a worry,
a thought about some

*thing.*

How hard to stay with “just this,”
this moment,
this experience,
and not want to know where I’m going
and how I’m going to get there…

How hard it is to “just rest”
in the abode of
Silent Awareness…

Sanctuary

The soft embrace of
”The Beloved”
so intimate
I
realize,


“The Beloved” and “I” are One…


Sanctuary

“The Beloved”
intimately enfolding
and unfolding
everything
as ItSelf
in
compassionate
Knowing Awareness.


Sanctuary


“The Beloved” knowing ‘me’ as ItSelf;
‘me’ knowing ‘me’ as “The Beloved.”


Sanctuary


Silent
Knowing
Compassionate
Awareness;
our True Nature;
the internal abode
of
“The Beloved.”


Sanctuary


Empties
the
meandering
mind
momentarily
of
its
restless
distractions.





Mystic Meandering
copyright
December 24, 2011




12 comments:

  1. what a lovely "peace", pointing us to that inner gift of the silent sanctuary and to think it was written Christmas eve, another bit of sweetness. The photos so perfectly pick up where the words leave off. So much truth in these in these words, Christine and always we are nervously flitting away thinking there must be something more, something more interesting, something more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blank slate of unmarked snow,
    a dark bench, beckoning---always beckoning.
    But sitting for a moment doesn't endanger me
    (like the anxious character in "To Build a Fire").
    I'll just take a breath, contemplate
    the soft reflected light,
    and trudge on,
    warmed by this moment
    of silence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, how beautiful! Thanks for leaving your inspiration here! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely images... and especially poignant thoughts, Christine. I felt a sense of synchronicity in this, as I was feeling very disconnected today due to appointments and very full day in general Getting back to the inner sanctuary...starting a-fresh...new focus...You give me courage today, thank you! :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy ~ Glad the words spoke to you... Yes, always remembering to come back to that inner Sanctuary that rejuvenates... I have to remember all the time - obviously :) Heart Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. exquisite...I feel drawn into the silent sanctuary of my own heart today...it had been a run of full busy days. Having everyone returned to school helped me stay with Just THIS more today...it was also, well, exquisite, to simply sit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laura... Thank you... How wonderful you had the opportunity to simply sit today... Having the house empty does help! :) I had 3 hours of Silence last week in which to simply sit without distraction, and as you say, it was exquisite. I was nearly giddy :)

      Delete
  6. such a beautiful, thoughtful poem. to find sanctuary in silence and silence in sanctuary. I have so much silence in my life I forget what a blessing it is. But as you say, most important is not to let the silence take me down the path of worry.

    Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suki ~ Yes, to find that sacred Silence within, the inner Sanctuary of Being that lives and breathes us, without getting distracted by the mind that pulls us away from the awareness of this inner Sanctuary. And as you say even living in a silent environment can still allow for mind distractions from true Silence within.

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation