Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Just Breathing...


I am soothed by the sound of my husband’s rhythmic breathing
while I lay next to him at the edge of sleep,
waiting to slip off…

I feel gratitude for this moment,
this breathing,
this man,
his being,
the sheets,
the pillow,
the bed…
the silence,
the awareness,
just Being…

and fall into rhythm with my own breath…

Just breathing…

The silence outside the window late at night
is pungent,
leaving me rapt,
sinking more deeply
into timelessness beyond time,
letting go of thought,
just awareing the night,
being breathed by the Silence of the Unknown…

I hear the sound of the ceiling fan
breathing its own whirling rhythm…
feeling the breeze of its breath
gently move the strands of my hair…

Just breathing…

And I am suddenly gone…
slipped off the edge
into slumber
until
just
before
rising
the
next
morning

Again finding myself
at the space at the edge,
before awakening,
before rising…

Aware of just Being…
Conscious of
the Stillness
before thought

Just Breathing…


Mystic Meandering
© July 15, 2012



Photo
Inside a Sea Shell




6 comments:

  1. This takes my breath away, Christine... And while I regain my composure after such beauty, I am glad to be here sharing the wonder of breath and life with you. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Tracy for your lovely words... "takes your breath away" huh? :) Keep breathing dear one... It is such a wonder isn't it... And am glad you are here to share in the Adventure of Being! It's amazing :) Heart Hugs...

      Delete
  2. ah, the simple pleasures. such delicious mindfulness and such a good reminder. how easily we become unconscious! how often I need to be reminded to breath and to wake up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) And,ironically it always seems to be in the quiet of the night just before sleep when I am most aware... :)

      Delete
  3. Glad I stopped by to breathe with you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation