Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Rising In Perilous Hope - Marge Piercy



What can I hold in my hands this morning
that will not flow through my fingers?

What words can I say that will catch...

If my touch could heal, I would lay my hands
on your bent head and bellow prayers.

If my words could change the weather
or the government or the way the world
twists us....

what could I do but what I know?

I fit words together and say them;
it is a given like the color of my eyes.

I hope it makes a small difference, as
I hope the drought will break and the morning

come rising out of the ocean wearing
a cloak of clean sweet mist and swirling terns.

Marge Piercy
from: Colors Passing Through Us
2003

With thanks to Whiskey River

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation