Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Monday, June 15, 2020

Gazing from within Presence - Lalla


I wearied myself searching for the Friend
With efforts beyond my strength
I came to the door
And saw how powerfully the locks were bolted
And the longing in me became that strong
And then I saw that I was gazing from within the Presence
Only after that waiting and giving up all trying
Did Lalla flow out from where I knelt.

Gently I weep for my mind,
caught in the illusion of ownership.
Mind, you're not who you think you are.
You're dancing over a pit.
Soon you'll fall through,
And these things you've valued
And collected will be left behind.

Lalla

Lalla - aka - Lalleshwari (1320-1392)
was a Kashmir Mystic of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition
who wrote mystic poetry
 

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering
Reflection of sky on the hood of the car
photo rotated


1 comment:

  1. Amazing, from the time it was written. Beautiful in its expression.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation