Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Saturday, November 4, 2023

The "Caregiver"...


I have to find a way through this...

I am missing quiet times in the Silence;
- writing; poems, if they arise;
and emails to friends; or chapters 
for future books - never to be published -
ghost stories
about a life unlived...

I am missing the life I had -
or rather - the rhythm with the Life I lived:
quiet, slow, restful - a contemplative's elder years;
that allowed me to spontaneously express from the deeper,
quieter space of Being - now frozen in an emotionally
draining time-bound reality,
that at times feels unreal, unfamiliar.
I got caught in a time warp somewhere
by someone else's dreamscape...

I am paralyzed, unexpressive in many ways,
flatlined by my life experience;
choked on life's challenges big enough to kill one's spirit;
trying to be kind, compassionate and caring,
and somehow magically pulling it off,
with a little humor at times,
while my own life slowly wanes into non-existence.

I need my Life back - although it will never be the same
again...  The Life energy drains from the body - physically
flattened and barely functioning, becoming mechanical,
trying to hold onto my Heart,
through barrages of blame,
and arrows of long held hatred
from a troubled soul...


I have to find myself again -
before it's too late...


Mystic Meandering
Nov. 4, 2023
1 am
(the quiet hour)


This just happens to be the anniversary of my
father's death 38 years ago - at age 61...
It seems like a lifetime ago in another reality -
and of course it was...  He has missed so much,
but maybe that's a good thing...

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering



 

4 comments:

  1. You have a challenge: “Difficult people are like sandpaper, they may scratch and irritate you, but in the end, you are polished and smooth.” – Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this heart felt expression. My compassion reaches out and wishes that the surviving you will regrow as many plants that sleep through winter do in the springtime. May your heart time replenish from this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compassion and words, Barbara...

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation