Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Thursday, December 21, 2023

How the Light Gets In - Pat Schneider - For Solstice




To open a door in one's mind, whether in writing,
in prayer, or in writing-as-prayer, is to invite an
experience of "the deep."
It's rather like standing on the edge of a cliff overlooking
the ocean at night, a cliff from which I can hear the 
pounding surf below me, and see in the distance a 
multitude of stars.
I am aware of danger, but I am also aware of my own
freedom
and my own good sense.
Although I could do so, I will not back up, close down,
and refuse to see or hear.
Although I could do so, I will not step out and lose myself.
I will not fall to my death.
I will stand where I am and allow the vast expanse to
come to me through my eyes, through my ears, through
wind moving the tiny hairs on my skin, through the
pressure of the solid rock against the soles of my feet.
I feel awe, I feel my own smallness, but I feel that I,
too, belong.  If I am open to the possibility, I sense that
I am seen;
I am known;
I am held in the attention of the mystery.

from: How the Light  Gets In
by Pat Schneider

~

During the winter moon/months,
it's natural to make a creative connection to
the Quiet Depth of your inner gold mine...

In the outer world, everything moves very fast.
There's no doubt things are ramped up.
Follow your Inner Counsel
Trust your still small voice.



May resilience be radiant within all living  beings.
That even the darkest of times,
a light shines forth from the heart.

Donna Iona Drozda
From Opening the North Gate

~

For Winter Solstice
Dec. 21, 2023

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation