Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Drop Into Freedom...



In my decline I have lost track
of how things are "supposed" to be...
of how things are "supposed" to "work" -
like life...
of finding my way to wherever it is that
I'm "supposed" to be going.

Somehow I've lost my "keys"...

I have grown weary 
of how things are...
of what I'm "supposed" to be doing...
of taking responsibility for things
I'm not responsible for...
of attachments to things that used to be important...
of the body and its ailments and loss of functioning...
of the *ideas* of "awakening" and "enlightenment"...
who "awakens"?
what "enlightens"?
Does it really matter?

Is this how impermanence works?
You lose your keys to things that don't really matter
so that at some point it all falls away
in its importance,
and you are liberated *from*
false ideas and premises,
from hopes and dreams
that keep you bound,
and you "drop"
into
Freedom


Mystic Meandering
April 2, 2024

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering
Sri Yantra

 

2 comments:

  1. We're on the same page today. No answers here but the lost keys analogy is as perfect a poetic device as it is a fact of life. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation