Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Have You Hugged Your Ego Today? - Fred LaMotte


I love my ego.   A person who tries to flat-line
and abolish the ego can be very humorless and dull. 
Have
you hugged your ego today?  The ego is no bondage at all,
because it only lasts for an instant, responding playfully
to this momentary alignment of particles and forms, then
vanishing back in to the Ocean of Consciousness.  The ego
is very responsible, the soul's response-ability to each 
situation that arises.... [it]is born from the play of Consciousness
in myriad selves
I need my ego to dance, my little bubble of "I".... 
Let your ego sparkle, dance, sing and meditate.  Let your ego
effervesce and dissolve again and again in laughter, in tears.
You really do need an ego if you want to laugh and cry.

Fred LaMotte
Uradiance

~

Personal Note: The ego is part of the whole package.
There is no need to get rid of it, or deny it - just be
who you are, be ALIVE, embrace the whole package
 of who you are.

I haven't met a "spiritual teacher" yet who did not
have an "ego."  If you're with them long enough 
you see it seep out from behind the "spiritual teacher"
facade.  :)

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering
a gift for my "ego"  2 years ago
on my 72nd birthday :)
that made me giggle with delight.
Some egos don't like birthdays,
they don't believe there is a self
to celebrate...  It's still their ego :)))



 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, ego is part of the human time/space bubble perhaps to individualize us until we merge into some mysterious oneness again. Have you read Mary Oliver's "When Death Comes"? I love the line: " … a bride married to amazement". There's a lot of I/ego there and it's delightful but then there's also the unhealthy sort. It's complicated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have not read the book, but I will :) Yes, complicated :)

      Delete
    2. It's a mere poem, Mystic, but a beautifully thought-provoking one. :)

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation