Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Constant Kindness - Albert Schweitzer & Cheri Huber


[We] must oppose all cruel customs, no matter how
deeply rooted in tradition and surrounded by a halo.
When we have a choice, we must avoid bringing
torment and injury into the life of another...

Constant kindness can accomplish much.  As the sun
makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding,
mistrust and hostility to evaporate...

Albert Schweitzer

~

Being kind to yourself lets you be kinder to others -
and that just might be the finest gift we can give
to the world...

Cheri Huber
Zen teacher


~

Photo - mittens left on a bench 2012
One day in the winter of 2012
 when I walked to the park I found
these "mittens" on the bench there.
I arranged them in a certain configuration.
When I went back the next day they had
been rearranged in a different configuration.
I then rearranged them again...
And the following day they had been reconfigured.
This went on for several days.
To this day I still don't know who the stranger was
who engaged in this playful game...  But it lifted my
heart.
Kindness through the invisible hand of a stranger :)


2 comments:

  1. yes. thank you. once I allow my myself to face my own brokenness with compassion and gentleness I begin to feel within myself the brokenness in those around me. Kindness and compassion flow naturally.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation