Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Who Are You Without Your Spiritual Story? - Jeff Foster


Please don't talk to me of "Pure Awareness" or
"Dwelling in the Absolute."  I want to see how you treat
your partner, your kids, your parents, your body.
Please don't lecture me about "the illusion of the separate
self" or how you achieved permanent bliss in just 7 days.
I want to feel a genuine warmth radiating from your heart.
I want to hear how well you listen, take information that
doesn't fit your personal philosophy [belief].  I want to see
how you deal with people who disagree with you.  Don't tell
me how awakened you are, how free you are from ego.  I want
to know you beneath the words.  I want to know what you're like
when troubles befall you. If you can fully allow your pain and
not pretend to be invulnerable.  If you can feel your anger yet not
step into violence.  If you can grant safe passage to your sorrow
yet not be its slave.  If you can feel your shame and not shame others.
If you can f**k up, and admit it. If you can say "sorry", and really
mean it.  If you can be fully human in your glorious divinity.
Don't talk to me about your spirituality, friend.  I only want to meet
you.  Know your precious heart.  Know your beautiful human
struggling for the light.  Before all clever words...




4 comments:

  1. Big YES. I remember one of my first bits of personal wisdom, which was seeing the religious hypocrites all around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even the "non-religious" - even the "New Ager" . All of us tend to hide behind a "spiritual mask" in one way or another, no matter what our "religion/belief" is. Life calls us to question everything... Have you read Oriah Mountain Dreamer's "The Invitation"? You might like that...

      Delete
  2. thanks to those who face the mirror,
    held in the outstretched hand of god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, seeing all the reflections of "God" in all Its many forms - including our pain and suffering...

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation