Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, March 6, 2022

The Decisive Element - Goethe


I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am
the decisive element.  It is my personal approach that
creates the climate.  It is my daily mood that makes the
weather.  I possess tremendous power to make life
miserable or joyous.  I can be a tool of torture or an
instrument of inspiration.  I can humiliate or humor,
hurt or heal.  In all situations it is my response that
decides whether a crisis is escalated or deescalated, 
and a person is humanized or dehumanized.  If we
treat people as they ought to be, we help them
become what they are capable of becoming.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


with thanks to Whiskey River


~

Photo - Mystic Meandering



 

1 comment:

  1. It IS frightening but, for the most part, a correct conclusion by the author. With power comes a great deal of responsibility. Your accompanying photo evokes beautiful dreams.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation