Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Friday, June 10, 2022

"Window Sitting"...


I used to have a "practice" that I called "window sitting", where
I would sit in a chair at an open window late at night, leaning on
the windowsill, pressing as close to the screen as possible, breathing
in the night air and the silence.  Gazing out the window into the
night was calming and soothing, heightening my awareness of
the Stillness, the Silence that permeates everything.  It is tangible -
almost magical.  It was a wonderful experience - basking in the 
silence of the night, listening deeply to the sounds of the quiet, smelling
the night air; experiencing the soft aliveness of Nature; opening
into the Silence at the Core of my Being; feeling the Rhythm of
Existence.  I don't remember why I stopped, and may revive it
again.  It is a space where I become more *aware* of the Inner
Landscape as well.  I scribbled notes on scratch paper in near
darkness when Silence sang to my heart.  Every fiber of my
being swooned for this delicious nightly rendezvous with The
Silence of Being.  I am ready to hear that melody once again.

Here's a "scribble" from my first night of "window sitting"
back in May 2010.  The window calls to me again.


Nothing in nature is struggling...
Everything is at peace...
Everything in nature is the peace of the Silent Stream -
the Eternal Stillness...

The trees are peaceful.
The plants in the neighbor's garden are at peace.
The grass sleeps.

Everything is exquisitely - peaceful...

I feel myself returning to what I know to be true -
to the authentic Stillness of Being within,
allowing myself to be touched by this Stillness...
Befriending the Silence...
Recognizing this deep space of Silence as Home...

There is a feeling of intimacy,
as this still Silence wraps itself around me,
embraces everything that is,
infusing everything that lives...
It is so palpable, so Real...

Basking in the Pure Silence of the Night -
just listening,
just experiencing,
just Be-ing - Stillness


Mystic Meandering
May 2010

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation