Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Child of the Milky Way - Chet Raymo


I am a child of the Milky Way.  I am made of the dust of stars.
Every atom in my body was forged in a star.  When the
Universe exploded into being, already a bird longed for
the wood, and the fish for the pond.  When the first galaxies
fell into luminous clumps, already matter was struggling
toward consciousness.

The star clouds of Sagittarius are a burning bush.  If there is
a voice in Sagittarius, I'd be a fool not to listen. If night's faint
lights fail to knock me off my feet, then I'll sit back on a dark
hillside and wait and watch.  Waiting, always waiting,
for the tingle in the spine.

Chet Raymo
from: Soul of the Night: An Astronomical Pilgrimage

~

Photo from the Internet

~

How does one explain the mystery of the Inexplicable?
I can only embrace it... My "medicine" - my wild comfort -
is the wonderment and splendor of the Infinite Cosmos
of which we are a part - suspended in the Milky Way.
It soothes my Soul.

MM

_/\_




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation