Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Monday, August 15, 2022

The Dancing Cry of the Soul - Rumi


Come to me, and I shall dance with you
In the temples, on the beaches, through the crowded streets
Be you man or woman, plant or animal, slave or free
I shall show you the brilliant crystal fires, shining within
I shall show you the beauty deep within your Soul
I shall show you the path beyond Heaven.

Only dance, and your illusions will blow in the wind
Dance, and make joyous the love around you
Dance, and your veils which hide the Light
Shall swirl in a heap at your feet.

Rumi
Excerpt from: "The Dancing Cry of the Soul"

~

Photo from the internet



 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if dance without music is dancing of the soul. May have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Rumi is referring to the dance of the whirling dervishes that connected the dancers to the "God", which uses Persian music. But am sure that if you are dancing to the music in your Soul, without external music, it would have the same effect/affect. :)

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation