Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Monday, October 3, 2022

Peace in the Attic ...


Photo by Dan V on Unsplash.com


I am grateful for the Quiet in this "House"...
Immersing me in the Quiet within;
The Stillness - with only the whir of the ceiling fan
and occasional distant sounds that somehow soothe...

It's as if the "House" is not my house -
but houses me anyway -
like the body "housing" my spirit,
allowing me to dwell here,
living in its spaces...

Its space holds my "things" - that
aren't "my" things - only accumulated
symbols of a life lived - spiritually, creatively,
intuitively, meaningfully -
mementos for someone's attic someday.

The "House" is still - yet Alive,
breathing in and out with the breeze;
curtains softly sway at the window...

When there is peace in the Attic of the mind there are
no addicting stories, no ruminating on the past, no trying
to fix anyone's problems - 
just quiet peace...

"The Mystery" of Life itself also
inhabits this "House"
- untouched - undisturbed -
filling every closet, drawer and cabinet;
and every space of my Being,
with its Fullness...

~

A dog barks sharply, breaking the Quiet...

But the "House", and its inhabitant, remain still -
breathing with the breeze...


Mystic Meandering
Sept, 20, 2022



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh how nice to consider, especially as my "house" has ears that ring/buzz constantly so that I prefer to turn on music rather than have to hear that I don't live in silence any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that... I have the same condition, some days better than others, but I can still *sense* the quiet , the silence behind the noise... while the ceiling fan whirs, the cars pass on the street, the dogs bark,the ears ring, etc.. Aging sucks LOLOLOL

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation