Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Saturday, April 8, 2023

The Gasp of Peace - a mystical meandering...


This happened several weeks ago...

I laid my head back against the top of the soft chair cushion,
and let my head tilt backwards into the cushion

I automatically laid my left hand across my lower neck,
curving the clavicle where it meets the top of the sternum - comforting

In that same moment there was an exquisite felt sense of deep peace
that overtook me - and I gasped

It was such a pristine feeling of Peace that I've never felt before -
nor since

It filled my head, overtaking all thoughts and emotions -
without effort on my part

Some have called it "the  peace that passes understanding"

It was as if I had found a "mystical spot" on the clavicle that
opened me to a realm of Peace that I have never entered before

The peace was not sought, and only came in that same moment
that my hand embraced my clavicle - and has never happened again

It was only momentary - although I felt like it lingered long.

I was gifted with such a sweetness in the midst of personal chaos

I was filled with awe at such an intense presence of Peace

But *I* could not sustain it

It came on its own and left its imprint,
then released itself to the ethers...


Mystic Meandering
March 2023

~

Photo - South Pole Aurora Borealis
from the Internet


5 comments:

All comments are subject to moderation