Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Insanity...


My face hurts
Maybe from the mask I wear
that belies a deeper truth;
that hides the scream I feel inside,
and a piece of my Soul that has died;
and the clenched fist in my gut - anticipating
the evening's chaos -
by the sound of ice clinking in a glass;
and the heart's deep ache
for my True Life not being lived.

It withered in the daily madness of the drama of
"the visitor" in my house that I am captive in;
dancing too close to the edge
of my sanity...

I must reclaim the authentic Life hidden inside
this dance with the dark.
"It's time to turn the lights on!" and clearly see
what's really going on here.
And free myself from this insanity...

Mystic Meandering
May 23, 2023


The line in the last stanza:
"It's time to turn the lights on!" is
from Sarah Carlson's poem - Apple Blossoms and Snowflakes.
The words were spoken by her 2 year old grandson :)
What a wonderful metaphor to see clearly...

~

When we don't see clearly there is insanity...

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering



 

2 comments:

  1. Thinking factually and metaphorically, there is no need to stay in the dark in your own house when the light switch rests within. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes some life experiences are not as easy as flipping a switch. Sometimes someone else's darkness is overwhelming. Maybe you've never lived with an alcoholic family member - but yes, eventually you have to shine a light into the darkness and see what's really going on within and without.... _/\_

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation