Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Questioning Existence - a meandering...



Arising from a deep slumber
I began to wonder:

...maybe there is no
"mysterious meaning" to life.
Is there meaning to trees, to grass,
to rocks, to sky? - do they even care...
They just are...  They just exist...

Everything seems to struggle to exist:
a struggle for survival - or maybe even
a struggle for death,
but with no "spiritual" overlay -
just life living itself...

Maybe there are no "spiritual" standards to live up to;
like being on the "right path";
no "spiritual cookies" to achieve;
like "enlightenment."
If there is no "right way" -no "right path"
then doing anything "right" doesn't matter...

I think I'm discovering the futility of striving
after some "spiritual" meaning to life;
some "mystical mystery" to explain existence...

Existence is an enigma...
All our beliefs are just trying to explain it really;
how we try to understand the ineffable.
But we exist in a bubble of unknowing,
where the blind lead the blind,
professing to know
the "Truth of Existence."


Mystic Meandering
July 1, 2023

~

Photo from the Internet




 

2 comments:

  1. These are questions humanity ponders and you've made each point perfectly. We are inside time and space within the confines of our bubbles. Sometimes meaning we can't explain breaks though in the arts and music. I wanted to share an amazing version of Sound Of Silence from Disturbed. The singer trained in a synagogue. Very stirring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg&ab_channel=TeamCoco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Maria... Am sure we all have questioned these same things at some point in our lives...

    I love Sounds of Silence! It has been one of my favorite songs... And this version in particular gave me goosebumps and nearly brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing it! I often feel music and poetry and art are how "the mystery" (however one calls the Ineffable) speaks to us :) I may be questioning many things at this point in my life, but I still "believe" there *is* something there...

    Thank you for your comment... _/\_

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation