Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Comma - Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer



All afternoon, each time
I think I should hurry,
I pull out a comma,

such humble punctuation,
and I invite it into the moment,
and the comma does

what it always does, which
is to invite a pause, a small pause,
of course, but a pause long enough

to breathe, to notice what else
is happening, a slight
suggestion that right here

is a perfect place to rest,
yes, how funny I never noticed
before the comma itself

looks as if it's bowing, nodding
its small dark head to what is,

encouraging us to find
a brief silence and then,
thus refreshed, go on.


Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer
from All the Honey

Art by Mori Yuzan
(color digitally inverted)


with thanks to The Beauty We Love
for post and picture :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation