Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Poetry is Given - May Sarton


Poetry seems to me so much a true work
of the soul... Poetry [is] given...
In a state of grace, when the deep channels are open,
and when they are, when I am both profoundly "stirred"
and balanced, the poetry comes as a gift from powers
beyond my will...

The poem is primarily a dialogue with the Self,
and the novel a dialogue with others.  They come
from entirely different modes of being...

May Sarton
From - The Journal of a Solitude

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering



 

3 comments:

  1. It's an interesting way of describing the novel vs poem. I like it. Like yours, The Beauty We Love blog is something of an umbrella for poetry and more. I noticed a re-posting there but no new ones of late. Hope all is well with the site's creator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in touch with him in early June and he said he was just really busy (don't know what he does) so didn't have much time for blog writing or reading.. At that time he said he was "Ok"

      Delete
  2. Okay sounds good. Thanks for letting me know! Funny how one can be concerned about a persona barely known but gains respect nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation