Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Serenity's Sanctuary - Awareness

Come and bathe in the pool of Awareness everyday.
No seeking, no questioning, no agenda.
Just lay back into the Vastness of Beingness that just Is.
Feel the Spaciousness holding you, breathing you, living you.

Relax into this vast “Container” that holds
all experiences of all that is, all that you think you know.
Just let it all be held here,
suspended in Knowing Awareness.

Be still here and listen…
What are you aware of?
Awareness aware of Itself ~ as you ~
as your experience…

Allow yourself to be Awareness.
What do you see?
What do you experience?


Serenity…


Sweet Serenity…



Christine Kennedy
Originally written as “Serenity”
Copyright May 2, 2009



Photo – picture of clouds cropped from original
Bill Kennedy



4 comments:

  1. so beautiful christine...I finally settled on my "word" for the year today...it is AWARENESS...how perfect to find your post as yet another sign that this is to be my word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! Yes, me too! My new 'mantra" is "Awareness!" I start in the morning repeating it to myself before I even get out of bed. Will be interesting to see where "it" takes me as I become more "aware" of Awareness :)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remind us" Relax into this vast “Container” It brings to mind a comment from Zen teacher, Joko Beck (at least I think that's who said it) She says "become a bigger container" I have always loved this thought. a bigger container to hold everything. In this case the container is awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Zen :)

    Yes, it is the idea of stepping back into what is looking through our eyes, to become aware of what in us is Awareness - is Presence - is Consciousness. It is the idea of being the Knowing Awareness that is the Greater Context, rather than getting so focused on the content of life (which I obviously do so well!) It's about experiencing what is simply seeing, what is simply aware, and resting in that. I have to come back to this constantly - to this Inner Beingness that just Is...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation