Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Intensity...

As I intuited – 2014 is turning out to be an intense time already! – roaring in - creating many “thresholds” already: physically, emotionally, spiritually, and familialy.  My word for the year is evidently “threshold.” J  I somehow *knew* there would be much to face personally this year, and much that would be opened within me because of it, and not what I anticipated.  Can I do it gracefully?  I don’t know.  All I can do at the moment is to give in to Grace and follow Her through the many doors…

Facing these current thresholds is bringing up a lot of intensity, as well as opportunities to go through each door with a different awareness of Life, Being, and “The Divine” - leaving behind what is irrelevant and uneccessary as I attempt to step through - diving deep into a new intimacy with “The Mystery”, grabbing onto “the rope of God” as Rumi calls it – and holding on. J

Much of it I am incapable of articulating at the moment, but once on the “other side” – if there is an “other side” J – I hope to write something coherent and intelligible of my experience with life, as it is being presented to me, and how I navigate it…

In the meantime, here’s a few hints in some interesting abstract contemplative photos that I took around the house with the play of Light on the walls, along with some Rumi poetry and a quote from Coleman Barks from The Soul of Rumi …  The top photo kind of reminds me of a fast moving train on tracks…  Yes?  Maybe? J LOL … See what other “images” you can see in a couple of the photos below

Okay, I'll give you a little hint :)  This next one looks like a hand reaching up.  And the last one a white bird flying...  The others I'm not sure about...  It's all a matter of perception anyway... :)

“Don’t let others lead you.
Reach for the the rope of God…
Put aside self-will…

Don’t insist on going where you
*think* you want to go.
*Ask* the way to the spring…”

Rumi




God is extremely subtle.
There are ways of understanding without forms,
an ocean of subtlety…

Rumi




“Rumi does not stress the *distance* between
human beings and God – the absolute -
but rather a * remembered intimacy*,
the original agreement in which
friend and friendship become
one sea-change union.
He does not stress prayer
so much as continous conversation
with our real Consciousness
beyond time and space.”

Coleman Barks
The Soul of Rumi





“There is a cure,
an individual medicine,
not a social remedy.
Sit quietly,
and listen
for a voice
within
that will say:

Be more silent.

As that happens,
your soul
starts
to
revive.”


Rumi



12 comments:

  1. LOVE the photos, Christine! The have a Divine-kind of light about them. The Divine... Providence... possibly good guide words for a new year. We need gifts of grace to see us through in this life. This year I don't really have a word or phrase, which is unusual for me--just being OPEN... open to all the presents itself feels very OK. I hope to write more about this next week :o) Wishing you grace-full days... ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am asking myself similar questions about going through thresholds with grace and yes, holding tight to that rope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think it was you who mentioned you had a sense that this was going to be an intense year for a lot of people...

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to reading about your passage through the thresholds - wishing you many happy passings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your images and your interpretations...this seeing the light in all of it's forms is so mystically magically wonderful, is it not!!? Lol...The last image looks to me like your two arms "reaching for the the rope of God…"Hang on in there my dear....Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also saw that last figure as "someone" raising their arms, as if in gratitude... The bird figure just seemed to stand out more. :) It's all a wonderful Light show :)

      Delete
  5. I love these captures of light and how perfectly they mesh with the words you have chosen. The light seems to be dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this lovely contemplation on light, space, silence, renewal, mindfulness. . . and more!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation