Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Saturday, October 24, 2020

The Power of Poetry - Ari Honarvar



Artist - Puisi 

...poetry is as much a part of a person as her heartbeat.
We can take refuge in the power of poetry.

Rumi not only understood the power of poetry, but also
found the sweet spot of language somewhere between
the clinical sterility of political correctness and the 
vulgarity of fanaticism.

He brought the traditional masculine God from the sky
and passionately embraced it as his genderless Beloved.
He and other poets like him closed the gap between us
and the divine until the Beloved was inside our beating
hearts - transforming the image of a rigid God of fire
and brimstone into the story of bittersweet longing
and union.

We partake together and the flow of emotion and creativity
merges, making it possible for us to participate in what we
long for: a deep connection with the divine...
[a deep *knowing* of the divine in us/as us].

Ari Honarvar
From: Rumi's Gift

[brackets mine]

Artist - Puisi

6 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥ Nice....(The link to the artist (photo) does not work)...Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michel - I tried to find a link for him but was unable to find it, so I deleted the link... It was an old link that I had...

      Delete
  2. Lovely picture of whirling dervish. I have been reading about the experience of poetry writing, with Audre Lourde and Mary Oliver. Poetry is the deepest connection between our shared experiences, I think. Thanks for your contribution to my learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many kinds of poetry with many different purposes... Here's a link of someone who expresses a different view on poetry... http://nomindsland.blogspot.com/2020/10/balthazar-poetry.html

      Delete
  3. This is one of the most beautiful and truthful poems I ever seen. I write a lot if spiritual poetry myself. I appreciate this message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's not a poem :) It's excerpts taken from the introduction of her little book Rumi's Gift. I post everything center aligned, which probably makes it *look* like prose poetry :) partly because I see everything as "poetry" to some extent... Glad you liked her message... And thank you for your comment!

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation