Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Friday, January 6, 2023

Life Suspended...


I don't remember winter
being so grey - even when
the sun is shining...

So frozen, so cold, hard crusted;
which may only be a reflection
of my own inner landscape.
I have been frozen lately -
iced in by life circumstances....


And then, out of the blue,
standing in the kitchen
under a moonlit sky light
in the dark of night,
everything softened -
as I thought about "the visitor"
sitting alone in her chair,
suffering and struggling,
mentally and physically,
day in and day out...

Sadness arose for her aloneness,
and hard life - self imposed 
by life choices made long ago -
for which she now pays the consequences -
or so I tell myself...

Then Compassion overtook me -
and my heart melted, released of its
hard line - and dare I say "love" arose
for "the visitor" who sits alone in her chair,
her body and mind breaking down;
memory and mental capacity quickly waning -
struggling day in and day out;
just sitting -
solitaire and TV
 her constant companions...

A life suspended...


Mystic Meandering
January 6, 2023

~

Photo - Mystic Meandering



 

2 comments:

  1. No one is born wishing to sit trapped in a chair but it happens. Empathy is a solace that softens the edges of our frustrations at how some of us get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - none of us knows how our lives will unfold... Sometimes we need to have empathy and compassion for ourselves living through this life experience - and magic umbrellas help as well :)

      Delete

All comments are subject to moderation