Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Prayer is Listening - Soren Kierkegaard




As my prayer became more attentive and inward
I had less and less to say.
I finally became completely silent.
I started to listen
- which is even further removed from speaking.
I first thought that praying entailed speaking.
I then learnt that praying is hearing,
not merely being silent.
This is how it is.
To pray does not mean to listen to oneself speaking,
Prayer involves becoming silent,
And being silent,
And waiting until "God" [The Deep Silence] is heard.


 Soren Kierkegaard


with thanks to The Beauty We Love

~

Vortex Art - Mystic Meandering
2011



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation