Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Ebb and Flow of Living...

Yesterday Kris left me a wonderful comment about the ebb and flow of energies when I expressed my concern about maybe offending people here, in the blogosphere. She also commented about how impersonal this blogging is, how easily things can be misinterpreted or misunderstood. Her comment opened me to a new way of seeing the situation that I was concerned about. AND opened me up to seeing more clearly the ebb and flow of living… Hmmm… After writing about “The Rhythm” all last week, and specifically asking the question, how does one *live* “The Rhythm?”, you’d think it would be rather obvious to me, but for some reason I couldn’t *see* it… It was as if there was still a veil there. And as I discovered, sometimes I can have great insights about things in meditation, or writing in my journal, and still not be able to *live* it… That seems to be the case here…

As I lay in bed last night, feeling symptoms of the f – l – u (I spell it just in case it’s in the room because I don’t want it to know that I know it’s hanging around) I was thinking of Kris’ comment, feeling the ebb and flow of the breath, the ebb and flow in my body as it labored, the throbbing of the head, the pulsing of the blood pumping through my veins, contemplating how life just ebbs and flows naturally. Everything is a natural cycle of ebb and flow – OF COURSE! Relationships ebb and flow – I know this so well after 30 years of marriage. The body ebbs and flows. Feelings ebb and flow. Our level of engagement with one another ebbs and flows. Our likes and dislikes. Our health. Being internal and external. The not seeing and then seeing of something. The “spiritual path.” Of course, of course, of course! It’s all ebb and flow… Everything is a cycle of ebbing and flowing, rising and falling that occurs naturally. So thank you Kris for that seeing! :)

The little card above has been on my refrigerator for years. It speaks to me of the ebb and flow of living too, of honoring our natural cycles. Which is what I need to do now. Like the bear in late Fall, I am going to lumber back to my cave for some hibernation time and rest in the ebbing energy of my body and maybe Ms. f-l-u will decide to flow right out of here…

With love in my heart for my blogosphere friends who offer your heartfelt insights and wisdoms through your blogs and comments.



3 comments:

  1. Ms. f-l-u has taken up residence with me too for the past several days. Or, it may be her cousin, Head Cold. But we all are getting along quite well! Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments about ebb & flow bring me back to the natural world which is always moving and changing, sometimes in big ways that get our attention and sometimes in ways so impercebtible that we hardly notice. We are like that too. Your post reminds me that it is just my mind that wants to make everything stop and be the same for a while, to give me some sense of solidity and control. Maybe our problem is we are always trying to do the impossible? We are always working against the forces of nature and truth with our western minds. And that we waste so much energy doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris! well it seems Ms. f-l-u didn't turn into anything serious, just a few days of symptoms. Hope you are doing better now too. Lovely post on 11-14-09!


    Hi ZenDotStudio :)

    Yes, paying attention to the natural rhythm of things, the practical, down to earth, everyday stuff... And as you say in your post on 11-14-09, it's really about "letting go of thinking and being drawn to what feels right - just trusting and following" - just creating. That resonated very strongly with me - just letting go... being fluid with what is... rising and falling with the ebb and flow of things... C

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation