Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Serenity's Sanctuary - Nature

The Common Land

The common land – the land that belongs to Nature -
spreads out before me straw brown and velveteen,
carpeting the earth, plush and soft.

The colossal cottonwoods line the edges of the
common land and fill out the in-between spaces.
Like skeletal silhouettes, they reach up into the
cloud whisked sky, embracing the late afternoon sun.

The pond lies frozen at the distant end of the common land
like an opaque mirror unable to reflect.
Yet – adds its frosted image to the lullaby of the landscape.

There’s something comforting about the common land
in Winter that draws my soul and captures my spirit;
a soothing presence that plays its own mystical rhythm
around and through me.

The land in its dormancy provides solace;
allows me to hear the Stillness that surrounds me.
In this deep connection everything else loses its importance,
its priority, its urgency.

Perspective returns like a long lost, yet familiar friend,
and my spirit is released…

Nature ~ Sweet Serenity


Christine Kennedy
January 1999




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation