Welcome...

Come meander with me on the pathless path of the Heart
in these anecdotal,
sometimes inspiring, sometimes personal meanderings of the Heart's opening in the every-day-ness of life...

Friday, September 9, 2011

Simply Sad-ing...

There is a sense that “the path” is changing once again – opening up – carrying me like a river to “places” unknown. And I don’t mean physical places, but those internal places of Spirit/Soul/Being ~ Heart. I’ve had these feelings before. Maybe it’s just that melancholy feeling I get when Fall comes round again – although it is my favorite season. Or maybe it’s a culmination of things coming together – and “falling” apart – the normal cycles of time, season, life - allowing the things that need to die in me to die.

Whatever it is, there is a deep sadness that sings in my heart these days – reasons not necessary. It emerges, subsides and re-emerges – like the seasons. So I listen to its song. She is really the Heart’s whispers disguised in the language of “sadness.” She has been waiting for me to open this window and listen – without agenda - not needing to *define* it in any particular way – only listening and letting her sing her song in my heart - calling me "Home." She is simply another pathway *in* to the Heart of Being.

There is a rawness and vulnerability in being open to sadness that feels like I’m letting go of everything that is familiar, and heading out into the open sea. And maybe that is the gift of sadness – allowing myself to be open to life, penetrable by life, experiencing the rawness of life with its feelings – not trying to be strong, to find cause, to fix it, or cover it over… Instead, I let sadness take me where *it* needs to go on its way to the Heart - as a natural part of life’s unfolding…

This does not mean that I am always sad, or wallowing in sadness here. I’m just experiencing how she dances in and out of being. It’s simply sadness – a feeling. Or one could say – simply “sading” - a verb, not an identity. Feelings are just different colors, different shades of Life living Itself, dancing to different tunes.

What color are you dancing to today?



Art: Gray Swirls
Craypas Oil Sticks




4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much -- perfect articulation of that transitional feeling we get when summer begins to fade and all the imminent deaths of autumn loom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane! What a surprise to see you here! Wonderful to see you here! :) Yes, the imminent deaths of autumn that triggers all those "little deaths" inside :) Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment... Blessings, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Christine, my very Self. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Leslie - dancing to the tune of your Self - of course! And it's all the Self :) And I must say, you dance the tune of the Heart so well ~ ~ ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation